The 2011/12 ski season is winding down with Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort and Canyons Resort all finishing out the season this upcoming Sunday, April 15.
One of the greatest benefits to living in the area and owning Park City Real Estate are the slew of mud-season activities available within a few short miles.
In the Park Meadows Area of Park City, not only do owners enjoy golfing at the world-class private Park City Country Club, but the Park City Racquet Club Facility received a major facelift and renovation this past year.
The new Park City Municipal Athletic & Recreation Center (PC MARC) re-opened its doors in late December, 2011 as a public facility available to town residents and visitors alike. After undergoing nearly 16 months of an $8 million remodel, the all-new PC MARC now covers over 85,000 square feet of ground and is much more than just a state-of-the art fitness facility.
In addition to its recreational facilities, the renovation added a Game Room featuring ping pong, foosball, billiards and air hockey. A Party Room is available on a rental basis for birthday parties, family gatherings and corporate parties.
The building is LEED Silver Certified with the new finish including solar hot water, green roof, energy efficient lighting and mechanical systems, natural daylighting and more.
Additional upgrades include:
• A new three-lane track now circulates four-indoor tennis courts and fitness area.
• Seven year-round tennis courts as well as an additional four courts during the summer season. The new tennis facility is taller and wider with a beautiful viewing area 4 ft. above the courts.
• Three fitness rooms: an aerobic studio with floating dance floor, a soft arts studio offering yoga, Pilates and martial arts and an exclusive spinning studio
• Extensive gymnasium
• Six-lane lap pool and a leisure, family-friendly pool
• Bouldering wall 50 ft. wide and 12 ft. high
With new, best-in-class facilities and sweeping views of the Wasatch Mountain Range the city-owned, ultra-modern PC MARC is the place to be on those days when the resorts are closed and the temperatures dip.
For information on Park City homes in Park Meadows or throughout Park City, contact me at 435-901-4309.
Make it a great day!
Accredited Buyer Representative