Park City has three world-class ski resorts, an unparalleled trail system, unlimited recreational opportunities, savory fine dining and lively nightlife. Yet Park City residents and visitors alike have one thing that few other ski towns can offer – a state-of-the-art hospital and medical center.
Since opening in 2009, The Park City Medical Center has been a model for both emergency and preventative care.
Located at Quinn’s Junction (intersection of Highway 40 and State Road 248), the center features:
• 24-hour emergency assistance
• 6 fully-equipped operating suites
• Family and Internal Medicine practices
• Preventative and Recovery Orthopedic Care
• Cardiac, Pediatric, Obstetrics and Gynecology Services
While other facilities across the country may follow a simple and sterile design, the Park City Medical Center was designed after the beautiful and tranquil community it supports. In fact, natural stone woven throughout the building came from a quarry in the nearby Browns Canyon and decorative art displayed on walls was purchased from local artisans.
The building is not just beautiful, but equipped with top-notch technologies, including:
• Radiant Heat Warmers for Hypothermic Patients
• Trauma bays organized to treat multi-patient accidents
• Cutting-edge ultrasound equipment
• Phones, flat screen televisions and wireless internet
Many emergency facilities of a similar size require only that a doctor be within a 30-minute radius at all times. However the Park City Medical Center has at least one physician onsite 24 hours a day. In the event of a life-threatening injury, critically injured patients can be transferred from the Park City Medical Center to Level 1 trauma facilities in Salt Lake City within eight minutes via Life Flight.
While the Park City Medical Center features an top notch emergency department, the facility’s Physical Therapy and LiVe Well Centers provide professional athletes, weekend warriors and vacationers alike with nutrition, fitness, emotional and spiritual analysis, care and services.
The LiVe Well Center provides a holistic approach to health and well being. LiVe Well focuses on dietary balance, cardiovascular health, body mass, and sleep patterns in order to prevent high cholesterol, diabetes, heart attacks and cancerous disease.
The Physical Therapy Department promotes recovery while also providing athletes with necessary tools to reach the pinnacle of physical fitness and performance.
The Physical Therapy Department offers:
• Pilates, Yoga and Personal Training
• CompuTrainer Classes
• Swim Ex therapy pool allowing patients to swim against a current or run on an underwater treadmill
• Certified hand, wrist and elbow therapists
• Pathophysiology laboratory to test athletes fitness levels
If you haven’t yet toured our incredible Park City Medical Center, you owe it to yourself to become familiar. It’s a stunning facility designed to handle emergencies with ease while at the same time offering our community a variety of preventative programs.
Make it a great day!
Accredited Buyer Representative